Vegetarians can enjoy the new offering from Misty Ricardo’s Menu of Choice. We can’t afford to ignore the veggie ingredients for several reasons:
1. Vegetables are good for you
2. Lentils and pulses are a good source of protein
3. They don’t give you the bloated feeling that you have after eating a lots of meat
4. Vegetarian ingredients don’t answer you back (however vegetarians do)
5. Some vegetables are green. That’s a good thing, right?
Joking aside, I can thoroughly recommend vegetarian Indian food. I hope you take time to cook these dishes, all of which can be found in my books, Indian Restaurant Curry at Home Volumes 1 and 2.
And fear not vegans – a special menu of choice will be arriving soon (by carbon-neutral means).
THE GREEN ONE
POPPADOMS WITH ONION, MANGO & GREEN CHUTNEY
MIXED VEG DHANSAK
GOBI SHIMLA MIRCH